MCIP version 4.2 Release Notes
Changes to MCIPv4.2 were made by Tanya Otte (U.S. EPA). User contributions are also noted below. The detailed list of changes to the MCIP code is in the CHANGES file, which is part of the MCIP tar file in the "doc" sub-directory of the MCIP release (available through http://www.cmascenter.org).
- MCIPv4.2 requires I/O API version 3.1 to support error-checking within the I/O API. This is consistent with the requirement for I/O API v3.1 with CMAQv5.0.2 (released concurrently with MCIPv4.2).
- MCIPv4.2 requires the netCDF F90 module (rather than the F77 include).
- Interactions with the following users (in alphabetical order) have resulted in some of the code changes/corrections that were made for MCIPv4.2:
Chris Misenis, U.S. EPA, Research Triangle Park, NC Jon Pleim, U.S. EPA, Research Triangle Park, NC Brian Timin, U.S. EPA, Research Triangle Park, NC
The following is a summary of the changes in MCIPv4.2:
- Increased maximum number of input files for MCIP in order to handle one year of daily output files at a time.
- Added option to process convective and non-convective precipitation if it is already incremental from WRF.
- Added handling for 40-category 2006 NLCD-MODIS land use classification as "NLCD40". Added alternate name for 50-category 2001 NLCD-MODIS land use classification as "NLCD50".
- Read land-water mask from WRF and use directly for WRF runs that used the Pleim-Xiu land-surface model (rather than reconstructing inside MCIP). For other LSMs in WRF, the land-water mask is dynamic and ice points toggle from water to land.
- Updated metadata for new physics options in WRFv3.4.1 and WRFv3.5.